Monday, September 15, 2008

Reading due for 9/15

Well, although the material was dense, I really liked reading about all the different theories and ideas. I thought it was neat to see the progression of thoughts and arguments against previous theories. I think that however, that not one theory can possibly account for all that goes on in learning, or specifically language acquisition. Whether it be first or second, it is a difficult subject to comprehend, say nothing about explain.

Oh yeah, Thea, innatism is good stuff!

2 comments:

Esther Smidt said...

I would love to hear more about how your readings relate to your own experience as a language learner/teacher.

Kizuna Yamamoto said...

I strongly agree with what you said that one theory can not possibly account for all that goes on in learning, or specifically language acquisition. I think that swings of pendulum in SLA have not finished yet. If we would like to find one good theory, we should have to think about several factors.